Re: Cityrail don't need guards (Was: [OT] Rod-o-matic (was: [OT] ideal file size of a jpeg or gif image))

keith malcolm wrote:

> Tezza <tezza2000@dingoblue.net.au> wrote in message
> 3a09df2b$0$19418$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:3a09df2b$0$19418$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...
> >
> > "Dave Proctor"
> > > "sean"
> > > bushing/mugings on trains?
> > >
> > > The current crop of guards don't get out of their little cubbie-hole
> anyway,
> > > so a fat lot of good they are.
> >

> > They're not required to. It's the lazy Chubbies who are responsible for
> most
> > of the inaction on assaults.
> >

> Go and read SWU 141 pages 5 and 6, its the unit outlining basic duties of
> train crews. Including patroling the train and looking after passengers.

I can't read.  I just look at the pictures. :)

Patrolling the train is all well and good if you have the time.  I used to go
for a walk between Seven Hills and Westmead for instance, but on most
services it is not possible to patrol the train.

--
David Johnson
trainman@ozemail.com.au