[OT] Rod-o-matic (was: [OT] ideal file size of a jpeg or gif image)

daproc@spambait.ozemail.com.au (Dave Proctor) wrote in
<u2PN5.78346$YX4.2447278@news2.giganews.com>:
>"Michael Kurkowski" <usenet.spam@gunzel.net> wrote in message
>8FE5CBE32gunzelT333@203.164.20.149">news:8FE5CBE32gunzelT333@203.164.20.149...
>> daproc@spambait.ozemail.com.au (Dave Proctor) wrote in
>> <BsNN5.130292$bI6.5096698@news1.giganews.com>:

>> >A site which displays photos at higher than 800x600 is NOT designed
>> >for 800x600 - and repeating your mantra that it is designed for
>> >800x600 won't make it true.

>> Read what he said, Dave. Pages and a "site" are two different things.

>I did read what he said - a "site" is composed of "pages" - if even one
>of those pages is not suitable for 800x600, then the "site" is not. It
>is like saying the XPT can do 160km/h from Sydney to Melbourne, when it
>can only do it from Gerogery to Table Top (or thereabouts).

A photo is technically not a "page". Hence if only the photos go over
800x600 and the rest of the pages don't then he's right and youre wrong.

>> Even a Rodbot could do better.

>Pathetic really.

You can keep chanting that mantra til the cows come home.

>> M.

>> (:

>That smiley won't save your bacon any time soon.

You don't get to rule on bacon savings any time soon.

>btw, I expected some sort of a reply to a post I made in the "PIE"
>thread in alt.ozdebate - why have you been lurking in there anyway? I
>thought we were too noisy!

Too noisy? Pah. aus.net.access is noisy.

M.

--
To email me, just remove ".spam" or else your reply gets directed to the
bit bucket.

Whip ME, Beat ME. "Windows ME".