Re: [OT] ideal file size of a jpeg or gif image

James Brook wrote:

> 35kb is extremely low quality and they are useless for anything other
> than viewing on the screen. Try stretching those to a Windoze
> background. You would have a blurry image at 800x600 and don't even
> think about it at 1024x748!

I make my images available for viewing on the screen.   As it is, I see copies of
my photos being pilfered and placed in locations that I have not authorised.  For
example, half the computer screens in Xerox house have my images for backgrounds.
STNs get issued with my photos in them.  The Paralympic Operations plan had one of
my photos on the front cover.  I don't see why I should make them better quality
so even more will be stolen without permission!

> If you open the photos in a
> new window* and change your desktop resolution to 1024x768, they just
> fit into the browser window without having to scroll. Any modern
> computer should be able to change resolutions without having to restart
> it.

Just change your screen resolution to 1024x768 he says!   My first 5 monitors
would not go above 800x600.  My current monitor goes up to 1600x1200, but not
everyone can do that.

--
David Johnson
trainman@ozemail.com.au