Re: [OT] ideal file size of a jpeg or gif image

"Dave Proctor" <daproc@spambait.ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
BsNN5.130292$bI6.5096698@news1.giganews.com">news:BsNN5.130292$bI6.5096698@news1.giganews.com...
> "James Brook" <ajmbrook@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
> 3A07A0E9.F247AFC4@ozemail.com.au">news:3A07A0E9.F247AFC4@ozemail.com.au...
>
> > > Web designers mostly design for 800x600 (no higher).
> > >

> > My pages >>>> ARE <<<< designed for 800x600 as this is what I run my
> > computer at. (sorry about the shouting everyone else)
>
> A site which displays photos at higher than 800x600 is NOT designed for
> 800x600 - and repeating your mantra that it is designed for 800x600 won't
> make it true.
>
> Dave
>
> ]
So how many Web sites have you designed   Dave?
The internet is a fast growing place and download speeds are increasing with
the new types of connections, Why should everyone else on the net design
there websites for  the small percentage of people that will not upgrade
there connections or hardware.
 I suggest you get rid of your 386 and 14.4 modem, and try Cable maybe?
Oh and 640x480 might be good for solitaire but the internet just doesn't cut
it on such a poor resolution.

Wilco