Re: [OT] ideal file size of a jpeg or gif image

Wilco wrote:

> The internet is a fast growing place and download speeds are increasing with
> the new types of connections, Why should everyone else on the net design
> there websites for  the small percentage of people that will not upgrade
> there connections or hardware.

Please provide evidence of this percentage.

>  I suggest you get rid of your 386 and 14.4 modem, and try Cable maybe?

I have a 28.8 modem which does me quite fine.  I have no need or desire to
upgrade it.  I can't try Cable, because it is not available in most Home Units.

> Oh and 640x480 might be good for solitaire but the internet just doesn't cut
> it on such a poor resolution.

I'm running 1280x1024, but I still don't see the need for such large pictures.

--
David Johnson
trainman@ozemail.com.au