Re: CityRail - nothing else quite like it

"Alex Pout" <alpout@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
3a07e87c$0$19423$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:3a07e87c$0$19423$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...

> Goldie <goldicom@powerup.com.au> wrote in message 3a07dfc1@grissom">news:3a07dfc1@grissom...
> > Try Brisbane, maybe not as bulky, but runs the Kms!
> >
> > Goldie
>
> Like I was explaining to someone the other day, Queensland is about the
only
> state where a lot of things are unified.  For example, Victoria has the
> MFESB and CFA as firefighting agencies, NSW has NSWFB and RFS, QLD only
has
> QLD Fire and Rescue Authority.  Victoria has Connex, Bayside, V Line and
all
> the others, NSW has Cityrail and Countrylink, and Freightcorp, QLD only
has
> QR.  Must make life a bit easier for them.

Not really - CityRail & Countrylink are *marketing* arms of the State Rail
Authority - sure they have their own staff, but they are part of the same
organisation. Likewise in Qld - CityTrain and TravelTrain are marketted
seperately, but they are part of QR - so they are really all one big happy
family.

Dave