Re: Tram Announcements: another Victorian election conspiracy theory

: And the point is that if Melburnians got used to validating all the time,
: EVERY time, it would be just as quick as now.

: Sydney used to be the same when the automated gates were introduced.
: Commuters would not use them because they were slower - they were only
: slower because they were not used to them. Then they were forced to use
: them, they got used to them, now quite often the arms on the gates do not
: even close between passengers.

: Once they get used to it and get into a routine, they will be quick.

We are into a routine now, most of the people in the mornings use
the barrier gates (in fact all day).  The only ones that don't use
the gates are ones in the morning that want to get onto the station
and there is no free barrier to get through (ie they want to go the
oppsite way to everyone else).

So all this crap about Melbourne people not validating is now confined
to trams only.

: How about Adelaide trains, where passengers validate when the enter the
: carriage.

Ok what was that like in the first 18 months (someone from Adelaide, please,
or maybe there is no one to complain from there.)

: Does not make it right. They cannot complain when they get booked. Are you
: going to complain *if* you get fined for not validating an already valid
: ticket, knowing that you are supposed to and have elected not to do so?

Since when do you get fined for traveling with a valid ticket?  (just because
you didn't validate it).

: And it is against the regulations.

Which carries no fine and are not inforced (that is the regulation covering
validating tickets)

: So they do not use it then - since validating on each and every boarding is
: an integral part of the system.

University students do so use trams in Melbourne, not until March when uni
starts.  School kids don't validate because most have studnet passes,
which are still paper tickets.  Did you notice that?

: Once again you miss the point - must be a bombers supprter.

No I am not, I am just trying to point out all the facts from someone
thats uses Melbourne's trains, trams and buses each day.  I am trying
to stop people that are 800km away from making statements which are
not true, and mostly we are getting somewhere now that the crap of people in
Melbourne are lazy and people in Sydney are all very good and the crime rate
in Sydney is 0.

Finally after 2 years of people in Sydney making stupid statements about
Metcard we have got rid of them and we are down to the real issue
of people not validating on trams.  (Trains and buses work in Melbourne
just as well as Sydney if not better.)

--

Chris Gordon
http://www.ecr.mu.oz.au/~cmgord