Re: Tram Announcements: another Victorian election conspiracy theory

> Quite simple, on a bus you board by the front door and validate your ticket
> (mainly because the driver is watching you, and he/she makes sure you have
> a valid ticket).  On a tram you board by any door (2 doors in the centre for
> a W, 2 doors for Z1, Z2 and three doors for A, Z3, B) and no one is watching
> you to validate your ticket, so most people just sit down, I don't know if
> it is being lazy or what, but they don't.
>
> Bus = board and driver makes sure you validate (front door, one at a time)
> Tram = board and no one make you validate (any door, lots at a time).

Oh. So if a policy was introduced  (re-introduced in the case of Z's?)
that people could only board by the front door of a tram, but people
could get on the rear door of a bus, you would then be arguing that
people would validate on trams but not on buses?

It seems to me that the simple fact is that Metcard has been so badly
handled PR-wise and implementation-wise that people simply look for any
excuse to defy it. However for the defiant to try to deny that their
"reasons" are just that - i.e. excuses - only makes the situation worse.

Eddie Oliver