Re: Tram Announcements: another Victorian election conspiracy theory

Paul Dwerryhouse <paul@xenu.ee.mu.oz.au> wrote in message
7rc5gq$ovc$1@mulga.cs.mu.OZ.AU">news:7rc5gq$ovc$1@mulga.cs.mu.OZ.AU...

> Has anyone noticed how the Tram announcements (you know: "Good
> morning passengers... Swansong Trams would like to remind you to validate
> your tickets on every journey so that we can trace your every movement and
> invade your privacy ... [etc]") have suddenly disappeared, as the
Victorian

paul@xenu.ee.mu.oz.au
> illiteracy among the supposedly educated without at the |___    Melbourne,
> same time improving their spelling". -- Michael Swaine, DDJ |
Australia.Hi paul.  As someone who uses both of the tram companies. I can
tell you that the tram announcements are stil there.  I think that it is
werth pointing out that in regard to validation of tickets, they cannot
invade your privacy and trace anything.  The only information that they get
from this is how many people are on any given tram.

I know this because I have some friends who were envolved with the design of
the system.  I will catch you later.