Re: Tram Announcements: another Victorian election conspiracy theory

>Australia.Hi paul.  As someone who uses both of the tram companies. I can
>tell you that the tram announcements are stil there.  I think that it is
>werth pointing out that in regard to validation of tickets, they cannot
>invade your privacy and trace anything.  The only information that they get
>from this is how many people are on any given tram.
>
>I know this because I have some friends who were envolved with the design
of
>the system.  I will catch you later.

Whilst this is probably the case from a legal perspective, I wouldn't be so
sure technically. I had heard that in trials for either the original paper
based Metcards or either the upcoming Metcard Xpress (coming
soon...soon...soon...well hopefully sometime before I die of old age), the
users were traced by ticket number as to when they had used their ticket.
This would make sense as it would be simple to track a ticket number in a
database I would have thought.