Re: Tram Announcements: another Victorian election conspiracy theory

Michael Walker wrote:

> based Metcards or either the upcoming Metcard Xpress (coming
> soon...soon...soon...well hopefully sometime before I die of old age), the
> users were traced by ticket number as to when they had used their ticket.
> This would make sense as it would be simple to track a ticket number in a
> database I would have thought.

This might be "sinister" if the ticket actually recorded the identity of
the holder. However if the technology was used to show each boarding
using each ticket, it could be an invaluable tool in measuring travel
patterns with a view to improving services.

David McLoughlin
Auckland New Zealand