Re: Tram Announcements: another Victorian election conspiracy theory

On Sun, 19 Sep 1999 12:25:37 +1000, Ben Thomas <ben@unico.com.au>
wrote:

[snip]

>It is just laziness that stops people from validating, yet they come up with the
>crappy excuses to try to justify their laziness. A lot of people don't like
>being told what to do, and I'd say that is another hidden reason why people
>don't validate. It's their way of getting their own way, or protesting,
>whatever.
>--
No Ben, it's not laziness. It's a principle thing. If the tram
companies can give me a honest and reasonable reason to validate each
time I get on a tram, I might consider it. As I believe it is an
accounting reason, I will not mindlessly do so. And yes, it is
partially a protest against the retrenchment of conductors and their
replacement with a system which is stuffed.
regards,

George Dragicevic
Melbourne PC User Group