Re: Tram Announcements: another Victorian election conspiracy theory

On Sat, 18 Sep 1999 11:43:18 +1000, "WhaleOilBeefHooked"
<daproc@spambait.umpires.com> wrote:

>George Dragicevic <georged@melbpc.org.au> wrote in message
>37e09de0.1441612@news.melbpc.org.au">news:37e09de0.1441612@news.melbpc.org.au...
>
>> Nothing wrong with that, but I'm not doing their accounting for them
>> by sheep-like validating of a long term met ticket. They can work it
>> out for themselves as far as I'm concerned.
>
>So what was the difference before when there were conductors?

The difference is that when there was conductors there was only one
government run tramways board. There was no splitting of income.

You had to get
>your ticket out to show them, the only difference now is that you get your
>ticket out to shove it in a machine.

I don't respond to machines....I respond to people who ask me nicely.

>Don't come to Sydney (or Adelaide, or Brisbane) - you won't get on the bus
>in the first place without validating your ticket - even if it IS a long
>term (quarterly or yearly).

Does the validation of a long term ticket in Sydney or Adelaide add
any indication that it has been validated for a particular journey.
Well here it does F&*^&* all. No point in doing so. I validate it
first time I use it to imprint an expiry date, then I don't bother. No
complaints from ticket inspectors at any stage. When you come to
Melbourne you can validate sheep like to your heart's content if it
makes you feel like you're doing the right thing. Again I re-iterate,
the system is stuffed and I won't do their accounting for them.
regards,

George Dragicevic
Melbourne PC User Group