Re: Tram Announcements: another Victorian election conspiracy theory

On Sun, 19 Sep 1999 09:10:09 +1000, "WhaleOilBeefHooked"
<daproc@spambait.umpires.com> wrote:

>George Dragicevic <georged@melbpc.org.au> wrote in message
>37e4133b.5211523@news.melbpc.org.au">news:37e4133b.5211523@news.melbpc.org.au...
>>
>> Yeah I'm disobedient. When something is stuffed as is our metcard
>> system and when they coerce the public for their own purposes to make
>> up deficiencies in that system, well that requires disobedience. You
>> do the right thing in your own mind and validate away. I'm quite happy
>> with my stance on the issue.
>
>Okay, now that the systems are privatised, you are on private property when
>on a tram, train or bus. The owners of that property are quite entitled
>toset whatever conditions they like on the users of that property. They are
>fully entitled to throw you off THEIR property for not validating.

The licence to operate the tram system is privatised. As far as I know
the trams and trains are still owned by the government. Sort of shoots
that argument in the foot. I pay my money for my ticket honestly. How
that money is divided up between the companies does not concern me.
I don't think they would have much of a legal position if they tried
to kick me off.
regards,

George Dragicevic
Melbourne PC User Group