Re: New Yard at Camberwell Station

They have already closed the Camberwell Sidings (between Burnley local and
Burnely Through) at Flinders Street back in July.  The points handles have been
removed and the access points spiked away from the siding.  They haven't
completed the Yards on the Burnley group of lines but closed the yard at FS so
there must be some place where all the trains are going.

A few other changes around Melbourne:
About 2 months ago the gates and signal box at Ascot Vale road were replaced by
Booms etc.  This is for day time stabling at Felm Races.
Platform 15 + 16 at FS have had track removed and overhead.
Plat 10 is out of use until the completion of the connection at the west end.
Boronia has a large hole on the north - east side of the station for the tunnel
under the intersection (grade separation)

Some Tenders are:
A development at East Camberweel
Various changes at Flinders Street including new escalators and lifts and
replacement of tiles, down pipes, roof etc..
These changes have been made public today with the $28  million project for
Flinders Street.

Chris Gordon
cmgord@ecr.mu.oz.au
http://www.ecr.mu.oz.au/~cmdors/interest/trains.html