Re: New Yard at Camberwell Station

Michael Alexander (malex@bigfoot.com) wrote:
>> Burnley - 3 sidings each with 2 trains
>> Camberwell - 3 sidings each with one train
>> Baswater - 3 sidings each with one train and a light repair centre
>> Westall - not sure but has a light repair centre
>> They are all for overnight and off peak staibling
>> Flem Races - four trains off peak (day time) only.
>
>Don't we keep hearing in the media that there are 50 or so trains stored in
>Jolimont yards. The above numbers don't add up to anywhere near that many,
>so where are they going to store the rest of them? Or have I heard wrong?
>But looking at the yards, there seem to be a whole lot more than 15 trains
>there at any given time.

The outer depots such as Ringwood are pretty much empty for most of the
day. A few more down trains after the morning peak and a few more ups mid
afternoon should fix that. Ringwood can hold twelve six car sets, with one
more behind the up platform. There are also sidings at Lilydale and Upper
FT Gully.

Cheers
David