Re: New Yard at Camberwell Station

Michael Alexander <malex@bigfoot.com> wrote:
: Seems like this would be a good opportunity to put in a fourth platform at
: Camberwell.

: The right-of-way all the way back to Burnley has provision for 4 tracks, so
: I hope that they don't build over where the 4th Camberwell platform will be
: at some time in the future.

: I haven't been to look, but I assume that there is no indication of a 4th
: platform being put in?

: Regards,

: Mike Alexander
: (malex@bigfoot.com)

Remember that Box Hill also has a never-used 4th platform, put in when
the new shopping centre etc. was built several years back. Of course, we
can always hope :-) that at some time in the future the triplicated track
may reach Blackburn, or even Ringwood, if the problem of Laburnum could
be solved...

John
--
John Cleverdon: Amateur astronomer (Astronomical Society of Frankston) *
Final Yr Cartography   \  & Railway enthusiast  \==|---=====--===-|  *   o