Re: Where do A class regularly work?

Steve Bucton <sbucton@quest.apana.org.au> wrote in article
<3419B6FA.6306@quest.apana.org.au>...
> Krel wrote:
> >
> > Yuri J Sos <steam4me@enternet.com.au> wrote in article
> > <5v5253$d33$1@perki.connect.com.au>...
> > > G'day all.
> > >
> > > I'm trying to build up a picture of where V/Line's A classes
regularly
> > > work.
> > >

> > > I would welcome further train numbers/times.
> > >

> Contrary to that which Krel has stated above, A class locos still form
> an integral part of V/Line Freight operations, for how much longer, is
> anyone's guess, but certainly for the foreseeable future.

OOPs, sorry about that. I was misinformed, thanks for the correction.

AFAIK line by line:

South West
9219 goods (may now be called 9260) 2010 ex Melb yd to Warnambool.mon to
fri.
9220 goods 2205 ex Warrnambool mon to fri.
Maybe some WCR passes ( can you confirm please, Craig)
No Geelong/ South Geelong Passes (all sprinter or DOO N class)

West
8107 pass 0825 SSS to Bacchus Marsh mon to fri
8124 pass 0950 Bacchus Marsh to SSS mon to fri
8127 pass 1719 SSS to Bacchus Marsh mon to fri
8154 empty cars 1820 Bacchus Marsh to SSS mon to fri usually runs as P+A+P
Light engines.

North
None on passes (all P or DOO N class or sprinter)
The A on the Deniliquin goods seems to have been replaced in the new
timetable.

North East
8319 pass 1630 SSS to Seymour.mon to fri
8323 pass 1728 SSS to Seymour.mon to fri
9353 superfreighter 2030 Dynon to Tocumwal. ( A off at Seymour)mon to fri
8304 pass 0630 Seymour to SSS.mon to fri
8306 pass 0703 Seymour to SSS.mon to fri
9354 goods 1720 Tocumwal to Dynon. ( A on at Seymour at 2105-2125)mon to
fri

East
9461 superfreighter 1240 NRC MFT to Maryvale APM mon to fri
9459 goods 2000 Tottenham Yard to Sale mon to fri
9458 goods 1350 Traralgon to Tottenham Yard mon to fri (may now be called
9260)
9462 superfreighter 2255 Maryvale APM to NRC MFT mon to fri

South East
All Stony Point / Crib Point passes.

Not sure about weekends so Friday nights and Monday mornings may also be
different. Also the East freight services may have been changed very
recently to assist the freight pass split.

There seems to be a lot of loco allocation alterations lately. I'm not sure
if this is due to a new time table, the split up of V/Line freight & pass
or the shortage of N classes. Steve Buctons info on the Gippy freights
seems to be different to mine. He's got the inside knowledge, I'd go with
his post.

This is probably off topic but the Albury line seems to be altered as far
as loco running is concerned. The passes were always N class until a couple
of months ago when the occasional A class began to show up. Now the odd
third series X is running on the passes. The Wodonga Goods used to always
be an N both ways with the Y off the pilot when required for a changeover,
now it runs with a G or X plus an H class and the Wodonga pilot seems to be
changed over daily.
A few observations :
 08/09 9250 up goods X46 + T or P class.
 09/09 8321 up pass A66. 9250 up goods G515 + H5. 9350 down goods X46 + H4.
9353 down Tocumwal goods X31 + P20.
 15/09 8311 down pass N 465. 8318 up pass X46. Stabled at Wodonga (for
9250?) X31 + H5.
 16/09 Wodonga pilot H4. Stabled at Wodonga N468 + X47. Stabled at Benalla
G531. 8321 down pass N473. Stabled in Seymour loco A62 + A?? (1950 hrs).

If you are looking for an interesting passenger train journey try 8321 the
1710 down Albury pass - this train usually overtakes NRCs *MS4
superfreighter between Donnybrook and Seymour and then plays tag with it to
Albury overtaking it and being overtaken by it up to six or seven times on
some nights. 8321 does 115 km/h and stops all stations after Seymour, *MS4
does 100 km/h and generally does not stop after crossing the XPT at Wallan.
*MS4 usually has two or three NRs on about 900 metres but sometimes the
consist can include a G or 81.

--
Cheers Krel

The Law of Inverse Proportions - The chances of the signal clearing
without having to get out of the cab and go to a lineside phone is inversly
proportional to the amount of rain falling at the time :-)