Re: Where do A class regularly work?

Krel wrote:

> Yuri J Sos <steam4me@enternet.com.au> wrote in article
> <5v5253$d33$1@perki.connect.com.au>...
> > G'day all.
> >
> > I'm trying to build up a picture of where V/Line's A classes regularly
> > work.
> >
> > These I know (mostly by personal observation):
> >
> > 8107 (0825 ex Spencer Street) to Bacchus Marsh returning as
> > 8124 (0950 ex Bacchus Marsh)
> >
> > 9083/9084 Deniliquin goods is usually A+X, with an N on the up
> > ex-Bendigo.
> >
> > 8127 (1719 ex Spencer Street) to Bacchus Marsh,  returning according
> > to the Mythical Train Plan as
> > 8154 empty cars (ex BM at 1820) but usually P+A+P light engines
> > (through Sunshine at 1900), and thence onto goods lines to Tottenham
> > Yard.
> >
> > 8323 (1728 ex Spencer Street) to Seymour.
> >
> > I would welcome further train numbers/times.
> >

> Most Passes to and from Seymour (that are not sprinters) are A class
> hauled. I will try to get times/numbers. Shep and Albury passes were always
> N class until a couple of months ago when the odd A class started running
> to Albury.
> AFAIK no Bendigo line passes are A class nowadays and just recently the A's
> have stopped running on the Freights ( due to the split up of the V/Line
> Freight and Pass loco fleets)
>
> --
> Cheers Krel
>
> The Law of Inverse Proportions - The chances of the signal clearing
> without having to get out of the cab and go to a lineside phone is inversly
> proportional to the amount of rain falling at the time :-)

Hi guys, esp. Yuri Sos.

Contrary to that which Krel has stated above, A class locos still form
an integral part of V/Line Freight operations, for how much longer, is
anyone's guess, but certainly for the foreseeable future.

Some other notable present rosterings of the locos are :

9353 down Tocumwal gds (with P trailing). A off at Seymour.
(The A & a P ex B. Marsh L.E's form this train)
[The A ex this gds ret. Pass ex Seymour next morning]
9354 up Tocumwal gds. Attach A at Seymour, leading P.
(The A is usually ex 8319 down Seymour Pass)

NO FREIGHT OPERATING BEYOND MARYVALE !!!!

9461 down Maryvale gds [ety paper containers] (with T trail) to
Maryvale, then L.E. to Morwell Briq. sdgs (rev. loco order.) return 9260
up gds [briquettes / Fastrack conts] to Tottenham / Warrnambool. (A goes
thru)
9459 down Morwell B.S. gds [Fastrack / briquettes] to M.B.S. (rev. order
of locos) then locos L.E. to Maryvale, ret. 9462 up Maryvale gds [ldd
paper conts] to M.F.T / NRC.

As above : 9260 down Warrnambool gds, ret. 9220 up Warrnambool gds.

These freights are running as of w/c 7/9/97 a/c new rosters for split
running of V/Line Pass & V/Line Freight.

Have no updates on Pass running, as i have only been involved in freight
running only thus far. Stay tuned.

Hope this info is of use.

Steve Bucton.
Loco Driver : Sth Dynon.
(V/Line Pass & V/Line Freight, till the final split, that's when I find
out which one I will be working for)

Email : sbucton@quest.apana.org.au