Re: Where do A class regularly work?

Yuri J Sos <steam4me@enternet.com.au> wrote in article
<5v5253$d33$1@perki.connect.com.au>...
> G'day all.
>
> I'm trying to build up a picture of where V/Line's A classes regularly
> work.
>
> These I know (mostly by personal observation):
>
> 8107 (0825 ex Spencer Street) to Bacchus Marsh returning as
> 8124 (0950 ex Bacchus Marsh)
>
> 9083/9084 Deniliquin goods is usually A+X, with an N on the up
> ex-Bendigo.
>
> 8127 (1719 ex Spencer Street) to Bacchus Marsh,  returning according
> to the Mythical Train Plan as
> 8154 empty cars (ex BM at 1820) but usually P+A+P light engines
> (through Sunshine at 1900), and thence onto goods lines to Tottenham
> Yard.
>
> 8323 (1728 ex Spencer Street) to Seymour.
>
> I would welcome further train numbers/times.

Most Passes to and from Seymour (that are not sprinters) are A class
hauled. I will try to get times/numbers. Shep and Albury passes were always
N class until a couple of months ago when the odd A class started running
to Albury.
AFAIK no Bendigo line passes are A class nowadays and just recently the A's
have stopped running on the Freights ( due to the split up of the V/Line
Freight and Pass loco fleets)

--
Cheers Krel

The Law of Inverse Proportions - The chances of the signal clearing
without having to get out of the cab and go to a lineside phone is inversly
proportional to the amount of rain falling at the time :-)