Re: Maps

On Tue, 09 Sep 1997 04:56:40 GMT, G.Lambert@unsw.edu.au (Geoff
Lambert) wrote:

>paul@itsnot.its.unimelb.edu.au (Paul Edwards) wrote:
>
>>In article <340F8E7E.6DDC@harnessnet.com.au>, Craig Haber
>><albatross@harnessnet.com.au> wrote:

>Here's another one.

And another obvious one that I overlooked initially was Hawthorn-Kew,
which like the Deepdene dasher was run by a VR bus service long after
the rail line closed, as was the Black Rock broad guage tram according
to an old VR line map I have (can't remember the year off hand, sorry)
although I also have VR maps showing the original lines in place.

The Vicroads offices in Kew are actually built on the site of Kew
station, btw - the approach to the offices actually traces the
formation as can be seen in the melways, along with Hilda Cres. and a
native plant reserve (with bike track).  Symbolic of the victory of
road over rail ?  Well, it was flat anyway.  This is why there are
tennis courts on the site of Noojee station ;)

As I suspected there are many of you out there with much more detailed
knowledge of the sidings around the system .  Can anyone shed any
light on how extensive Massey Fergusons sidings at Sunshine were ?  Or
which factories were served by the sidings shown leaving Melton in the
Weston Langford diagram ?

It's an interesting thread anyway !

David A.
David_Arblaster@dse.vic.gov.au  | David Arblaster,
mercury@netspace.net.au         | Melbourne, Australia
"What does it mean when a man unearths an ancient urn but buries
 his thermos flask in the process ?"  Michael Leunig