Re: Maps

David_Arblaster@nospam.dse.vic.gov.au (David A.) wrote:

>As I suspected there are many of you out there with much more detailed
>knowledge of the sidings around the system .  Can anyone shed any
>light on how extensive Massey Fergusons sidings at Sunshine were ?  Or
>which factories were served by the sidings shown leaving Melton in the
>Weston Langford diagram ?

These were to 2 chaff mills, owned by different enterprises at
different times.  The rails were still intact in the 70's, probably
into the 80's.  One siding was short and ran directly to its mill, the
other one wobbled about a bit.  I can recall seeing trucks on them in
the late 1950's, but not later.

geoff Lambert