Re: Maps

On Tue, 09 Sep 1997 02:44:47 GMT, G.Lambert@unsw.edu.au (Geoff
Lambert) wrote:

>For the record, the doyen of old
>sidings and expert on "The Straight", Jack Maclean,
A fascinating individual - what a pity we can't get to his diagrams on
the web !  But they are at the state library.  Be prepared to wait for
half an hour while they retrieve the microfilms though.
> is not able to say
>whether such a siding existed.  Andrew Waugh's signalling history of
>the line makes no mention of it either.
Which publication is that ?  I have a fascination for signalling
matters, although not the obsession that it is for others.  Out of
print no doubt.  Does it go as far as Ballarat ?
>Geoff Lambert

David A.
David_Arblaster@dse.vic.gov.au  | David Arblaster,
mercury@netspace.net.au         | Melbourne, Australia
"What does it mean when a man unearths an ancient urn but buries
 his thermos flask in the process ?"  Michael Leunig