Re: Where do A class regularly work?

Krel wrote:
> Maybe some WCR passes ( can you confirm please, Craig)

The only time an A (or any V/Line loco for that matter) appears on a WCR
train, is because one of our own B or S class loco's is not available.
In the past when this has occured, it has not been unusual for say a
V/Line loco to run our pass, and our loco to run the goods.

> This is probably off topic but the Albury line seems to be altered as far
> as loco running is concerned. The passes were always N class until a couple
> of months ago when the occasional A class began to show up. Now the odd
> third series X is running on the passes. The Wodonga Goods used to
Yep, there was X48 on the midday on 11/9.

Another question off the topic - what turning facilities exist at
Wodonga?  Is the BG triangle still available?  How about the SG?

> If you are looking for an interesting passenger train journey try 8321 the
> 1710 down Albury pass - this train usually overtakes NRCs *MS4
> superfreighter between Donnybrook and Seymour and then plays tag with
<snip>
This is good fun on the 16:25 (or even the 17:00) up passes out of
Geelong.  There's often an up steely that runs parallel - you get a real
good display of the 'riding qualities' of the new SG (:

Cheers,
Craig.
--
Craig Haber