Re: Where do A class regularly work?

Craig Haber (albatross@harnessnet.com.au) wrote:
>Krel wrote:
>> Maybe some WCR passes ( can you confirm please, Craig)
>
>The only time an A (or any V/Line loco for that matter) appears on a WCR
>train, is because one of our own B or S class loco's is not available.
>In the past when this has occured, it has not been unusual for say a
>V/Line loco to run our pass, and our loco to run the goods.

It used to be common for a second loco to work the 18.00 down on Fridays
to work the up goods that night. Even in the early WCR days it was quite
common to see A-N on this train.

>Another question off the topic - what turning facilities exist at
>Wodonga?  Is the BG triangle still available?  How about the SG?

AFAIK there is only the 70' bg turntable at Wodonga and the 75' SRA sg
turntable at Albury. The north leg of the triangle was regauged in 1962(?)
when the standard gauge went through to Melbourne and Bandiana. I think
the bg has since been removed.

Cheers
David