Re: Latest news on Speedrail

"Tezza" <tezza2000@dingoblue.net.au> wrote in message
39d5feb0$0$5072$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:39d5feb0$0$5072$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...

> > > I would definately dispute that most airline users go to the airport
via
> > Central.
> >
> > They go past it - Kings Cross backpackers use a bus which goes past it,
>
> I've often seen thousands of them a day going to the airport to get a
plane to Melbourne.

And they all catch buses which go past Central, hence Central is a common
starting point.

> > cabs from CBD hotels go past Central,
>
> if the hotel happens to be north of Central,

Vast majority are, since the vast majority of the CBD is north of Central.

> > north shore don't any more,
>
> Isn't that where most execs live?

Not where they work.

> > now that the
> > Eastern Distributor is open, but since most corporate travellers stay in
CBD
> > hotels
>
> Gee, I thought most of them would stay at home.

Hmmm, let's see, they go to Sydney for a meeting, they fly back to Melbourne
to sleep in their own bed, then fly back up the next morning. Interesting
concept.

> > > They must run hundreds of these busses each day then?
> >
> > Every 10 minutes during the day.
>
> Full? Of people going to the airport? To get a plane to Melbourne? You've
surveyed them?

You are being deliberately obtuse here Tezza - this is the Tezza we all came
to know and love during the waterfront dispute, steadfastly refusing to see
the point and deliberately being obstructionist.

> > > Rubbish.
> >
> > They do - see above. Not necessarily Central Rail, but Eddy
Ave/Elizabeth
> > St/George St at Central.
>
> Rubbish - see above.

I have experience in this matter, you do not.

Dave