Re: Latest news on Speedrail

> > > "Tezza"

> > > And also happens to be a point that most travellers to the airport pass
> > > through.
> >
> > I would definately dispute that most airline users go to the airport via
> Central.
>
> They go past it - Kings Cross backpackers use a bus which goes past it,

I've often seen thousands of them a day going to the airport to get a plane to Melbourne.

> cabs from CBD hotels go past Central,

if the hotel happens to be north of Central,

> north shore don't any more,

Isn't that where most execs live?

> now that the
> Eastern Distributor is open, but since most corporate travellers stay in CBD
> hotels

Gee, I thought most of them would stay at home.

> > They must run hundreds of these busses each day then?
>
> Every 10 minutes during the day.

Full? Of people going to the airport? To get a plane to Melbourne? You've surveyed them?

> > > What a lot of rot. Most people do go through Central,
> >
> > Rubbish.
>
> They do - see above. Not necessarily Central Rail, but Eddy Ave/Elizabeth
> St/George St at Central.

Rubbish - see above.

> If you are going to count travelling time, you should say something like
> "taxi - 25 mins to airport, 5 mins to Central"

If their hotel is at the bottom of the ramp.

> - much easier to just use Central as a
> > > starting point,

Only for your argument.

> since that is where most people go through.
> >
> > Again, rubbish.
>

> > > I am comparing apples with apples.
> >
> > No your not.
>
> Yes I am.