Re: Latest news on Speedrail

Tezza <tezza2000@dingoblue.net.au> wrote in message
39c9f903$0$26540$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:39c9f903$0$26540$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...
> Sydney to Melboorne, I think would be a better proposition. But then
again,
> what times are they talking about? 80 minutes just to Canberra, yet
> Melboorne's only an hour by plane.

Plus the rest. The Syd Melb gate to gate published time is 1hr 20. Add 1/2
hr at least for check-in etc at the front end, add city transfers you are
looking at something like 2.5 hours centre to centre of completely crap
hassled time, business or "pleasure". This is if everything is smooth which
on the last 3 times to Melb for me has been anything but.

I think the VFT was going to be something like 3hrs centre to centre