Re: Latest news on Speedrail

"Tezza" <tezza2000@dingoblue.net.au> wrote in message
39d54329$0$26529$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:39d54329$0$26529$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...

> "Dave Proctor"
> > "Tezza"
> > > "Dave Proctor"
> > at 1445 for your 1450 train to the airport (from Central),

> > the train.

> > > Which just happens to be the VFT's starting point.
> >
> > And also happens to be a point that most travellers to the airport pass
> > through.
>
> I would definately dispute that most airline users go to the airport via
Central.

They go past it - Kings Cross backpackers use a bus which goes past it, cabs
from CBD hotels go past Central, north shore don't any more, now that the
Eastern Distributor is open, but since most corporate travellers stay in CBD
hotels (based on experience of booking them) there trip to the airport will
definitely take them via Central.

> > Remarkably perceptive.
>
> Thank you.

Airport by

> > > Most people don't go to the airport by train.
> >
> > But they still go through Central (Airport Express bus - goes through
> > Central after the Quay/Kings Cross).
>
> They must run hundreds of these busses each day then?

Every 10 minutes during the day.

> > > I disagree 100%. It'd be like me trying to use the boarding gate at
the
> > airport as a starting point (Yes, I know it's not common,
> > > but it makes just as much sense.)
> >
> > What a lot of rot. Most people do go through Central,
>
> Rubbish.

They do - see above. Not necessarily Central Rail, but Eddy Ave/Elizabeth
St/George St at Central.

> >even those staying in
> > the City at CBD hotels go past Central on their way to the airport. If
you
> > are going to count travelling time, you should say something like
"taxi - 25
> > mins to airport, 5 mins to Central" - much easier to just use Central as
> > starting point, since that is where most people go through.
>
> Again, rubbish.

Yes, you are talking it (voice of experience as a retail travel agent here -
Tony Bailey, where are you?)

> >I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just
> > stating my opinion and trying to get you to compare apples
> > > with apples, not apples with oranges.
> >
> > I am comparing apples with apples.
>
> No your not.

Yes I am.