Re: Latest news on Speedrail

Tezza wrote:

> > Plus the rest. The Syd Melb gate to gate published time is 1hr 20. Add 1/2
> > hr at least for check-in etc at the front end, add city transfers you are
> > looking at something like 2.5 hours centre to centre of completely crap
> > hassled time, business or "pleasure". This is if everything is smooth
> which
> > on the last 3 times to Melb for me has been anything but.
> >
> > I think the VFT was going to be something like 3hrs centre to centre
>
> Plus the rest. Check-in, baggage, city transfers.

Obviously you have never travelled on a VFT style service.  Overseas VFT
services run city centre to city centre, so you do not need a City
transfer (eg Tullamarine to Bourke Street) and you don't have to do a
baggage check in, you simply carry it on and tickets are checked on
board (remember it's a train) as has been done by railways for
centuries.

Chris