Re: Latest news on Speedrail

"Tezza" <tezza2000@dingoblue.net.au> wrote in message
39d02b1d$0$26538$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:39d02b1d$0$26538$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...

> > > But Scotty isn't gonna beam you on board, there's still the travel
time
> > each end that was added for plane travel, there's still the check-in
time,
> there's
> > still the boarding time. You don't arrive on the platform at 2.59 for a
3.00
> > > departure.
> >
> > No, you arrive at 1445 for a 1500 departure - just like you arrive at
1445
> > for your 1450 train to the airport (from Central),
>
> Again you're adding travel time to the plane that you're not adding to the
> train.

No I am not. I am using a common starting point. If I was adding travel time
to the plane that is not added to the plane I would be using the time from
Penrith. Most people travel through Central when going to the Airport by
public transport (the majority of people). Since Central is common to both,
it is a valid place to start from.

>  getting you to Domestic
> > at 1500, plus ten minutes walk time to the check-in counters,
>
> I've heard it's less than 5 minutes.

I have walked it - it is more.

One thing you have not attemtped to counter Tezza is that overseas
experience has shown that when city-centre to city-centre is around 3 hours
by rail, as opposed to around an hour by plane from airport to airport (i.e.
identical situation to Sydney) the train wins hands down. Why is it so
different overseas that it can work there but will not work here? This has
been pointed out ad nauseum, with no response from any of the knockers.

Dave