Re: Latest news on Speedrail

"Tezza" <tezza2000@dingoblue.net.au> wrote in message
39d02b27$0$26538$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:39d02b27$0$26538$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...

> "Dave Proctor" <daproc@spambait.ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
> nNTz5.48185$XT1.750937@news5.giganews.com">news:nNTz5.48185$XT1.750937@news5.giganews.com...

> > > It sounds like you are. Instead of going to the check-in counter and
> > presenting
> > > your ticket you access an ATM style computer and present/insert(?)
your
> > > ticket(?) and pick your seat and get your boarding pass.
> >
> > That is a check-in procedure that takes 5 minutes, it is not a 5 minute
> > check-in. Check in is still at least 20 minutes (20 minutes prior to
> > departure).
>
> That is the check-in time. I dare say the VFT would have one too.

The procedure existing at Eurostar terminals (London to Paris/Brussels) is
that the passenger inserts their ticket into an automatic gate, which then
checks them in and allows them into a secure part of the station. It worked
well the three time I caught it. The train closed 15 minutes prior to
departure, and this was mainly because it was in international service. When
I have travelled on a TGV in France, I arrived 5 minutes prior to departure,
no check-in, I went to my seat and my ticket was checked on board.

> > I think you are arguing here for the sake of arguing.
>
> Who? Me?

No - him over there.

Dave