Re: New logic on Metcard

Johann Fan wrote:

> [snip]
>
> Actually, I just returned a monthly ticket (bent by jammed validator gate)
> last week (9/3) and received three weekly tickets in the mail today (17/3).
> The letter was dated 16/3 which means it is only one week turnaround. Maybe
> because I had the ticket they didn't have to verify whether that validator
> was defective or not.

They known when a validator/barrier gate is defective.  Often when this
happens, the validator/barrier gate will turn itself off and then sends a
message to the Help Desk.  Sometimes when a station staff is busy (particularly
during morning peak), he/she will later report this defect, but the Help Desk
already has logged this problem sometime earlier (or even better, a technician
turns up before you know it!).

Cheers,

I.C.

Iming Chan
Melbourne, Australia                       Email: chani@translib.com.au
Disclaimer:
This message only contains opinion of the author above.   It  does  not
express the views, policies or opinions of organisations represented by
the author.
   ** To reply, please remove 'X' at the end of my e-mail address **