Re: New logic on Metcard

Christopher_Martin GORDON wrote in message
<7cknjp$ot1$1@mulga.cs.mu.OZ.AU>...
>: The present ticket stock seems to be of quite decent quality and I
haven't
>: had a ticket go bad on me in several years. Occasionally the validators
>: will swallow tickets, but Trans Adelaide are understanding of the
>: situation and take quick action to take the faulty validator out of
>: service and get it replaced.
>
>Pitty in Melbourne Onelink just take 6 weeks print a few new tickets
>(at no cost to them) and send them to you.  As for the validator
>well just leave it (apart from removing the ticket)

Actually, I just returned a monthly ticket (bent by jammed validator gate)
last week (9/3) and received three weekly tickets in the mail today (17/3).
The letter was dated 16/3 which means it is only one week turnaround. Maybe
because I had the ticket they didn't have to verify whether that validator
was defective or not.

cheers
Johann