Re: New logic on Metcard

Michael wrote in message <7c5m9i$sb$1@toto.tig.com.au>...
>Not revalidating is not fare evasion. Once a ticket is first validated, it
>has an expiry time/date printed on it. There is no real reason as to why
>people should revalidate, other than to annoy them and force them away from
>public transport, after all, we have a CityLink we need to feed.

Why is it annoying to validate a ticket every time you get on a tram or a
bus? I agree it is silly the way you have to validate an already valid
ticket at non-gated railway stations, but the situation with trams and buses
is exactly the same as in every other city, and is not really different to
the way it was before, where you had to show a ticket to a bus driver or
tram conductor.

DaveP