Re: Another Magical Mystery Tour (Olympic Park)

In article <7c52qt$pj1$2@news.mel.aone.net.au>,
  "David Proctor" <daproc@spam_this.umpires.com> wrote:

> Which backs up my original argument that the design of the station is
> flawed.
>
> They would have been better off with outside platforms that are not as wide
> and a much wider middle platform - detraining would be via the outside
> platforms, and boarding via the middle platforms. Then it would not matter
> in cases like this - everyone would be on the same platform already
> (although pushing your way through the crowd would still be a problem,
> although it was a problem on Saturday night anyway!)

I had thought much along these lines when the station was originally open,
but ended up deciding that because of the problems that would occur if such
large volumes of people pushed and shoved each other to get to different
faces of the same platform, that the design of the station is indeed the most
practical.

> DaveP

Rob

Sydney (Australia)