Re: Another Magical Mystery Tour (Olympic Park)

David & Sharon Ready wrote in message <36E60A25.E6897497@usa.net>...
>Hi,
>
>I am not at liberty to say so of course but he was the same guard who's
train
>Carl Scully travelled on that day. Both driver and guard knew that they had
been
>switched on to the wrong platform but where given instructions to carry on
>Strathfield by an inspector there at Olympic Park. It is not understood why
they
>didn't go west again.

Which backs up my original argument that the design of the station is
flawed.

They would have been better off with outside platforms that are not as wide
and a much wider middle platform - detraining would be via the outside
platforms, and boarding via the middle platforms. Then it would not matter
in cases like this - everyone would be on the same platform already
(although pushing your way through the crowd would still be a problem,
although it was a problem on Saturday night anyway!)

DaveP