Re: New logic on Metcard

p.edwards@its.unimelb.edu.au (Paul Edwards) writes:

>I've just caught a tram from Collins St up to the University terminus. Part
>way up Swanston St, an announcement (presumably from depot? -- guess so as
>the driver was very good, announcing streets etc and the quality of this
>announcement was *very* crackly) on why people should validate their
>metcards.

>Get this:

>You should validate your metcards to allow Swanston Trams to improve the
>scheduling of the service.

They seem to have a wide variety of messages to gently "encourage" (read
"brainwash") people to revalidate their cards. They range from the
matter-of-fact "please validate your Metcards on every trip" (spoken as if
there was nothing weird about having to do so) to the blatant pleading
"it helps us get things right" messages.

I still refuse to revalidate my card, as do 99% of other tram passengers.

I'm tempted to call this democracy in action :)

And to help things along even more, my last monthly ticket got slightly
crushed and wouldn't even work in the Museum station barriers. The inspectors
didn't notice I was walking out through the open barrier each day...

Paul "I've paid for my ticket, _you_ work out who gets the money" Dwerryhouse.

--
Paul Dwerryhouse                                        paul@xenu.ee.mu.oz.au
"The growing use of e-mail, not to mention Web-page publishing, threatens to