Re: New logic on Metcard

Somebody passed me a tram-company brochure, which was also of the 'help us
to help you variety'.

Spurred on by the success of metcard, Citylink will be more gestapo like.
Cunningly having been given a part of freeway which had been free for 25
years, and which is used by most motorists at least occasionally (it serves
the airport), it has set out to turn most motorists into either puppets or
criminals.  Like metcard, occasional users are supposed to buy a ticket in
advance at an offline outlet, thus taking more time than the misleading
advertisements claim will be saved.

Unnoticed yet is that the replacement for Batman Ave (being commandeered to
build glasshouses in front of St Paul's Cathedral) will be a toll bridge.

OneLink put out a grossly misleading press release (Mon.8 or Tues.9.3),
that the only fault of Melbourne's system is the people using it, its
magnificent machines are widely accepted in other countries.  I suspect
that the whole vandalism beat up was a deliberate attempt to divert public
attention from the deficiencies of the machine and system design: blame the
vandals, don't blame OneLink.

--
Regards
Roderick Smith