Re: V/line Coloured Buffet Car at the ARHS Museum

The buffet at the museum is one of Wimmera, Mitta Mitta or Tanjil.  They
lost their exterior names when placed on sg in 1962; they lost their
interior names in the first repainting thereafter (c1964).

The BMC carriage is owned by Bluebird Rail (SA); it is a modified Overland
sleeping car (Paiti): an interior photo appeared in one of March's
Australian railway magazines (Catchpoint?).

--
Regards
Roderick Smith

David <valley123@xtra.co.nz> wrote in article
<01be6de7$cea75ba0$ad6760cb@pentium>...
> Can anyone tell me what the name of the carriage painted in V/line
colours
> is?
> Is it a special car or where did it come from.
> From looking at the ARHS Webb page, the inside has a old look about it
with
> a long counter down one side and seats down the other.
> Can anyone tell me who owns the carriage on Page 49 of February's
Newsrail