Re: Countrylink named as World's Worst Passenger Service

Rob Kearey wrote in message <369A70A0.4F5D95D0@mailbox.uq.edu.au>...
>Jack wrote:
>
>> The price is comparable, and the trip is
>> >faster. I'd prefer to go by XPT, but the timetable is nutty (5am in
>> >Brisbane for glubs sake!), and the train itself very tired.
>>
>> Maybe ya should talk to your govt and get em onto reasonable time...
>> remember this is a service provided by NSW
>
>The point is moot - we've had the state referndum on Daylight Saving.
>
>I've often wondered why QR doesn't do it's own interstate service on the
>standard guage. I suspect NSW would complain. Maybe QR should buy out
>CountryLink ? (Insert appropriate smilies)

  Forget the  smiley faces..... it's probably not a bad idea... we may get
some money spent on the place... new services etc...  the biggest problem
Countrylink faces is funding... but there wont be an increase in funding
until we pay for these godawful Olympics which are a huge drain on every
part of govt spending in this state...

Cheers
Jack
For a minute there I lost myself