Re: Countrylink named as World's Worst Passenger Service

Rob Kearey wrote in message <36955D1B.F28DA273@mailbox.uq.edu.au>...
>Jack wrote:
>
>> In which ways are Amtrak staff "better"...  Maybe the standard of person
>> travelling is higher in America and their staff don't have to put up with
>> crap from passengers Countrylink staff do
>
>If the staff actually did something about the crapulent passenger
>element it wouldn't be a problem.

They do cops come regularly to remove troublesome passengers

 It's precisely because nothing gets
>done about idiot passengers

Bzzt... Wrong... they are removed when they play up

when they do act up that I choose not to XPT
>these days. Why should I, as a paying customer, tolerate that kind of
>crap?

So it is only the non fare payers that play up is it... crap...

>Short term solution: Either ban /all/ alcohol on board

North coast services already  sell low alcohol beer only... and small wines
with dinner

(You're pissed?
>Off you go!)

Already works that way

 or have some sort of security person roaming up and down
>the cars at night,

they are called PA's

after the train attendant has locked themself into
>their cubbyhole.

Crap.... u can always find a member of onboard services when ya need em..
Open ya eyes and look

As u said earlier u don't catch the xpt any more.. so enjoy your bus trips..

Cheers
Jack
For a minute there I lost myself