Re: Countrylink named as World's Worst Passenger Service

In article <3693e52e.0@newshost.pcug.org.au>,
  "David Bennetts" <davibenn@pcug.org.au> wrote:
 nominated Countrylink
> for the world's worst passenger rail service.
I'm not surprise, what kind of rail operator will replace popular and
comfortable loco haul sleeper carriages with terrible XPT?

> I think that, whilst Countrylink is far from perfect, some of Amtrak's
> services aren't a whole lot better
But at least most parts are improving, remember its "American Flyer"
project and new Talgo trains? Amtrak also have relatively comfortable
carriages compare with Xplorers and XPT.
Amtrak catering are excellent and Amtrak staff are also a lot better
than CountryLink staff

> Surely some of the services in third world countries, where passengers have
e roof and crammed in like sardines in sweltering temperatures
> would be a little worse than Countrylink?
There is not a single good thing I can say about Countrylink

James