Re: Countrylink named as World's Worst Passenger Service

Jack wrote:

> In which ways are Amtrak staff "better"...  Maybe the standard of person
> travelling is higher in America and their staff don't have to put up with
> crap from passengers Countrylink staff do

If the staff actually did something about the crapulent passenger
element it wouldn't be a problem. It's precisely because nothing gets
done about idiot passengers when they do act up that I choose not to XPT
these days. Why should I, as a paying customer, tolerate that kind of
crap?

Short term solution: Either ban /all/ alcohol on board (You're pissed?
Off you go!) or have some sort of security person roaming up and down
the cars at night, after the train attendant has locked themself into
their cubbyhole.

--
Robert Kearey			Network Services
The Prentice Centre		University of Queensland