Re: Countrylink named as World's Worst Passenger Service

Rob Kearey wrote in message <36955D1B.F28DA273@mailbox.uq.edu.au>...

>Short term solution: Either ban /all/ alcohol on board (You're pissed?
>Off you go!)

Why should I, as a passenger who likes a drink, and does not misbehave after
having a few, have to suffer because of a few miscreants?

>or have some sort of security person roaming up and down
>the cars at night, after the train attendant has locked themself into
>their cubbyhole.

A few years back, they used to have a few railway police (ooops, Transport
Investigation Branch) officers travel from Sydney to Harden on the Spirit of
Progress, returning immediately - mainly on Friday and Saturday nights - it
was amazing how a few uniformed police could quieten things down!

David "The Doctor" Proctor
http://derek.jenkins.net/ozemail/index.html

Programming Department:  Mistakes made while you wait.