Re: DSRM is ....

Rod Gayford  wrote...

> I am not sure of the legality of this arrangement.  Why did not the RTM
get
> off its back side and recover the bits from Clyde?  Did it have the legal
> ownership to agree to this.

The loco was donated to the RTM by the railways. It was not placed under
deed of gift. It became the property of the RTM, so the RTM had the right to
do as they pleased with it.

> Why cannot the State Govt demand the loco back
> from Dorrigo?

Because DSRM now owns the locomotive.

> And why has the rest of 3813 been given to Dorrigo scrap yard?

It was not given, it was traded. Both RTM and DSRM obtained value from the
transaction.

>  My view is that there should be an
> official rail museum at Alston Sidings and the NSW Govt should claim back
> the most historically significant locos and rolling stock.   without
public
> money the bigger rail museums are not viable.

Most of the locos at RTM are under deed of gift, meaning that they are still
owned by some bit of State Rail. To date there seems to be no public money
available for the care of these items. By all means lobby for public funds,
but the reality seems to be that the State Government as no interest in
significantly helping the RTM. I have heard Robert Lee compare governmental
support of railway heritage in New South Wales and India. India came out
well on top. (Hello Robert if you are out there.)

Trevor