Re: DSRM is ....

On Sun, 25 Mar 2001 14:40:09 +1000, "Trevor Edmonds"
<trevor_edmonds@dingoblue.net.au> wrote:

>Les  Brown wrote...
>
>> Obviously if you can afford to shift 4420 by road, someone else can
>> easily afford to pay to shift it back out again.
>
>We use a slow, but relitively inexpensive methid for shifting locos like
>4420. Trucking her back to Sydney at full commercial rates (with crane hire
>at both ends) would cost something like $20,000 each way. Thats a lot of
>overhead cost to make up.

So towing 4420 to Kyogle, is out of the question?

Instead of finding obstacles, we can't we find solutions, Trevor?
There is no point in making mountains out of molehills.

If someone is prepared to pay whateber it takes; $2,000 to Kyogle,
$20,000 to Sydney or $50,000 to Melbourne in order to get use out of
your loco, why not? GNR are prepared to pay much more for a working
44. Even if DSRM themselves paid to send it to Melbourne, it would
make up the costs in less than a month and anything after that is
cream.

Ring Geoff Tighe at GNR on 03-9619-6325 and let him give you some
facts and figures. Let's see just how honest DSRM are in preserving
trains or are they just interested in playing with them?

Les Brown