Re: DSRM is ....

On Fri, 23 Mar 2001 13:04:44 +1100, "Trevor Edmonds"
<trevor_edmonds@dingoblue.net.au> wrote:

>This has been considered. We did not feel there was a sufficient benefit.
>Some people who leased out their locos have now withdrawn from the market,
>which seems to confirm our position. In addition, we are no longer connected
>to the main line. Shifting main line locomotives by road is quite a task.

I haven't heard of anyone withdrawing their locos from the market.
Who, for example, can you name has done this?

Obviously if you can afford to shift 4420 by road, someone else can
easily afford to pay to shift it back out again.  If a locomotive is
not used regularly, problems soon develop.

I think GNR might be interested in another 44. even if only for short
term hire, and they would certainly do a marvellous job of looking
after it.. Hiring locos can be surprisingly lucrative.

Les Brown