Re: Stop Defending Cityrail Attrocious Record

Paul Jones <dj_wiseguy2@yahoo.com> wrote in message
9b8r47$8b5eh$1@ID-65853.news.dfncis.de">news:9b8r47$8b5eh$1@ID-65853.news.dfncis.de...

> "Tony Gatt" <baulko@optushome.com.au> wrote in message
> eWNB6.2470$hb.5817@news1.belrs1.nsw.optushome.com.au">news:eWNB6.2470$hb.5817@news1.belrs1.nsw.optushome.com.au...
>
> snip
>
> > Why shut Stratfield to St Mary's to ballast a section of track at
> Doonside?
> >

> Proabley overhead work, or joint welding.
> Last shutdown one track from blacktown to seven hills was dug up and
> replaced.

What a shame a service can't be maintained when there are 4 tracks on this
section.  There was a time not that long ago when if one up line was being
worked on the pair of down lines were used for all traffic between Blacktown
and Parramatta.

This particular bustitution saw my drive to Woolloomooloo rather than train
it.

Chris