Re: I Hate East Hills Trains running via the Airport Line!

Michael Hendy <spam.sucks@bigpond.com> wrote in message
3AD7A564.9090608@bigpond.com">news:3AD7A564.9090608@bigpond.com...
> wacko@hotmail.com wrote:
>
> > With most East Hills services going via the airport many passengers are
> > forced to either change at Central instead of Redfern or cram onto a
> > Illawarra service to Wolli Creek at Sydenham. Both add another 5-15
minutes
> > to an otherwise short journey. When catching an East Hills train running
via
> > the airport it adds another 8-13 minutes to the journey from Central.
>
> I just hate that extra few mins....
> --
> Michael Hendy

The irony is that East Hills via the AL is no slower than an EH all stations
via Sydenham service prior to the opening and subsequent full integration of
the East Hills - Glenfield.  All stations via Sydenham today should be 1'
faster than an AL trip.

All East Hills trains only ever skipped St Peters and Erskineville from
September '88 to minimise the slowing of the following Campbelltown/Macarthur
service.  Passengers quickly became conditioned to a slightly faster service.
St Peters and Erskineville got lumbered with a 15' headway that's not improved
since.

Chris